Sunday, April 13

Recruits, no more!

Slept at 3+ am on Friday (or Saturday morning) cause i was trying to keep Brad company during his route march via text. Heh. Eventually gave in and slept for 2 hours before heading down to the floating platform for his passing out parade.

Funny how people told me to come late cause the parade was gonna be real boring.. I LOL-ed and got pretty scared but then i thought "if i was gonna get bored sitting down; what about those to-be-soldiers?" Didn't quite know what to expect cause it was my first one.. But i was pleased! :)

With Erica! (Brad's sister)

Freaking gloomy weather. What's worse was that IT POURED. Like legit drench-kind of pour. Thank God they gave ponchos and Brad's mum had an umbrella. We had to sit there like peasants, dripping wet, looking like aliens with ponchos. :/ Thankfully the rain lessened and eventually stopped throughout the whole ceremony! (It started pouring again when the parade ended so phew, lucky indeed!)


I don't know if it's just me but i was always interested in army. It was cool and cute how they marched. Like little ants. Didn't exactly pay attention to whatever the speaker was saying cause the mum and i were chatting (about Brad, HAHAHA).





LOOK AT THEM! 
They remind me of my bro's toy soldiers! Heh. 
Frankly speaking, I wasn't bored. I actually enjoyed the whole thing. 



And woohoo, the proud moment of cap throwing! The roar was really cute too. And when they threw their caps after the speaker said "We present to you the soldiers..." (is that what they said? Idk i can't remember) i felt so... HAPPY. <3 Like legit happy. You could see from their faces + actions too. They were jumping around, hugging and... :') It was just a good sight.

I guess I would know how happy it must have felt because I am together with a recruit. Who complained about how "tough" life is in Tekong. People who ORD probably won't remember much and say "ahya BMT only" but i think they felt the same misery. Just that they're over it so they think it's not as bad now.


He was making me rub this belly here -.-
Hi babe, i'm really proud of you. 9 weeks wasn't easy. For you especially. I'm sorry for having to deal with me even if you already had too much shit on your plate. I'm proud you passed IPPT and attained a silver. I'm even happier at how you got it for me. *heart melts* I know running was never your forte, and you hated it so i'm really happy. I'm proud you survived field camp. I'm proud you survived all the push-ups they gave. All the leopard crawls. Fridays and weekends never felt so precious before. Your text never felt like gold too. Having enough older guy friends, i know life after BMT doesn't exactly get better. I hope you get into what you want baby! :) It'll be tough again after this one week of break, but i'll be here for the remaining 20 months of your national service. Or at least try to be. :) <3


I love how this photo turned out. The view at the back was perfect and it wasn't even planned. ;)

Oh did i mention how bad the smell was? IT WAS BAD. Horrible. Disgusting. Dreadful. Rotten. Stinky. Apparently, if they stood under the hot sun, the smell would be worse. I don't really wanna experience that. :/
Also, he made me smell his ILVB? Or vest. Let's just call it his vest. Fucking hell?
It was bad. His socks smelled bad. 
Everyone smelled bad actually.
But i smelled it because he asked me to, and because i love you even if you are a stinky poo.




No comments:

Post a Comment