Tuesday, November 27

GCV 2012.

Launch of the Global Connect Village in Temasek Polytechnic.
Yes, I guess this is a once in a lifetime chance (of me actually combing my hair before going to school HAH HAH HAH) to meet + chat with the prime minister of Singapore! Thousands of students in TP, and we were the chosen 8. It was nerve wrecking. All sorts of media coming in before the PM himself came out of the lift doors. And then that's it. Cameras flashing, video cams filming.. and there you go.

The main purpose of his visit was to chat with the students and ask us about the TNS subject and poly life, I guess. It was a really good experience though. It wasn't awkward, or weird.. we kept laughing actually.
(Check the picture above) AND THE FOOD WAS JUST FABBBBBBBB. Although we controlled eating them because it's embarrassing to eat + talk with someone so important at the same time. *insert inside jokes about chocolate getting stuck to your teeth and the biscotti making too much noise*

I have to admit, I wasn't exactly keen at first because I get so nervous whenever I think about it. Knowing that there will be media everywhere made it worse. Getting tongue-tied and having ugly photos everywhere isn't very "Shannon" you see. But the moment it was happening, i kinda forgot all about the media already.

It's gonna be a good story to tell my grandchildren in the future.... Keke.



No comments:

Post a Comment